GRAND PRIX | Multiplication
Purpose, Scope or Aim of the OER
The purpose of this resource is to educate students and teach them about mathematics and multiplication in a fun and active way. To take away the concept of “boring maths” and engage them in education in a more entertaining way.
Short Description of the methods or approaches used in this OER
This OER consists of choosing a race car and once the game starts, multiplication operations will appear with different results.
The chosen car will race faster depending on the correct results. The student who answers the multiplications the fastest will reach the finish line the quickest.
Step-by-step instructions for teachers to use OER
Make sure you have a good internet connection to start using this online game. This OER supports a maximum of 4 players per game.
1. Once logged into the website, click PLAY.
2. You will then be allowed to enter your Username. Have the class create the name for their own race car.
3. Once you have registered your Username, go to the “CREATE GAME” box to create a private game.
4. Once inside, you will be allowed to create a password. Make a note of the password on the whiteboard so that all students can see it and log in.
5. Once inside the lobby, students will be able to choose the colour of their own car.
6. Once the whole class is ready, let’s run!
7. At the end of the game, it will show who lost or got the answers wrong. This is something that would help them to learn and can be reviewed in class together.